Monday 29 June 2009

Eddie Izzard Dress To Kill

There's no Church of England fundamentalism. We can't have Church of England fundamentalism. You know, like they have Islamic fundamentalism. Jihad!... Aha... Church of England fundamentalism is impossible because you can't have: "You must have tea and cake with the vicar... or you die!"
Two languages in one head? No one can live at that speed! Good Lord, man, you're asking the impossible! "But the Dutch speak four languages and smoke marijuana!" Well... yes, but they're cheating! Everyone knows that marijuana is... a drug enhancement that helps you on track and field to come last... in a team of eight million... eight million other runners who are all... dead.
But in Britain we don't win many gold medals at the Olympics, because we've chosen not to. It's a political statement, 'cause we hate our national anthem. Because it's "God Save the Queen," you see. God save the queen. Now the queen lives in a very big house with barbed wire outside and people with guns in front of that. That's one saved fucking queen, I tell you.
Then I had to chat up girls. I'd never used my voice to do that. When your voice is breaking, it's hard. [silkily] "Why, Susan, I really... [squeakily]...kind of fancy you. I saw you in the... [squeaks]...playground." I had to chat up girls. I'd only tagged them before. I didn't have the power to say "Susan, I saw you in class today, as the sun shone with a brilliant light that caught your hair. It was haloed. You turned. Your eyes flashed fire into my soul. I immediately read the words of Dostoyevsky and Karl Marx, and in the words of Albert Schweitzer, I-i-i-i-i fancy you."

No comments:

Post a Comment