Monday 29 June 2009

Reviews About Eddie Izzard

I attended on the 6th of December, as did Pete below, and seem to have been watching an entirely different show! The audience were clearly loving every second, as was I. Granted, he does sometimes get a little too wacky, but he admits it himself. Those in the audience who didn't know the meaning behind "Covered in bees" which progressed to "Covered in Darth Vaders" could be forgiven for being a little lost, but I dare say I'd slap someone who didn't thoroughly enjoy the scene with the soldier impaling himself slowly on his opposing soldiers 20 foot spear, or the discussion of the impracticallities of using Latin in an emergency. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did Circle or Dress to Kill the first time I saw them on DVD, I thought it was a superb night out, and would suggest the show to anyone. - Becki
09 Dec 08
my wife and i attended on 6th December and left after the intermission! We know his comedy style etc..etc.. but we found this just wasnt funny.The audience didnt seem to be howling with laughter,it was quite subdued,and missing a certain something.His die hard fans in the audience were laughing but they were in the minority.Very disappointing - pete
08 Dec 08
Hamlet - why not - he looks like Ken Branagh now - doesnt he? And he's got a wider range I think, judging by the performance I saw last night, passion, pathos and how to deliver a line to good effect - even to the point of noting to himself which lines may need a little more work - reminds one of Frankie's Howards "Oh please yourself" when the jokes dont deliver the right amount of positive audience response! A great night out - mature surreal humour - what better to start the week! - DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment