Saturday 8 August 2009

EDDIE IZZARD IS DETERMINED TO FINISH RUN


Eddie Izzard has said that he is win the challenge “crazy” determined to run more than 1,000 miles around the UK to raise cash for charity.
The comedian and actor for 47 are running 30 miles a day, further than the length of a marathon for Sport Relief.

Eddie Izzard speaking on GMTV who trained only for just over a month, said: "It is slightly crazy and my feet are slightly disintegrating but I'll make it because I'm determined... my body isn't really determined, but my brain is."
Izzard settled from London last month and had reached Powys in mid Wales by Friday, after running 10 "marathons".
Asked why he had decided to take on the Eddie run more then 1,000 miles adventure, Izzard, sporting bandaged feet, said: "I don't really know. I think running is very primal. We used to hunt in this way.
Anyone should be able to do this, it's not actually that difficult. It's a marathon a day and that's probably what people used to run and hunt something.
"I just do the same thing at the end. I just sort of spear a Twix and have a Diet Coke, it's that kind of thing."
An ice cream van accompanying Izzard is giving out ice creams in the hope that people will make donations in return.
Izzard, who is ask about his travels, said members of the public have turned up "out of the blue" to support him, including a running team from Builth Wells during his time in Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment